Friday, February 6, 2009

Celine Dion Concert!!!!!!!!!

On a snowy Tuesday, January 20th, Jenny, Matt D.,
Addi, Maddox, Kit and I drove to Apex, to Matt, Kristen
and Turner's house for an early dinner...and for goodbyes
to The Depp Family. The month went by so fast, and
now my overseas family had to return to their work in
Russia. We told Matt and Family goodbye after eating,
then drove carefully to the RDU airport. Jenny and I
did shed a few tears as we said our goodbye one more
time. We got wonderful hugs and kisses from Addi and
Maddox. Within the new terminal, we were able to watch
them go through security. It was amazing how the children
knew automatically to take off their shoes at this part of
their journey. Once Addi gave her shoes to be put into a
bin, she came running back to Kit and I. She claimed that
she needed one more hug! My heart soared with the love
from this little four year old girl! Then she went running
back to her parents. Once they passed through the metal
detector, they all put on their shoes and collected their
belongings. We all waved our last goodbyes as they passed
out of sight. Originally, I was to meet my wonderful friend,
Betty, at the RBC Center for a concert. But due to the
weather, it had been postponed until the following night.
That was good for me since I was going to be running late.

But on Wednesday night, Betty and I headed to Raleigh to
the RBC Center for a fantastic, super-duper, magnificent
night with CELINE DION LIVE!!!!!! From the time she
appeared center stage and was singing "I Drove All Night,"
we were entranced! What an incredible voice! Of course,
Betty and I knew she could sing, but to hear it live was
fabulous! She was so personable with her audience too and
had quite a sense of humor. I loved hearing her speak
English very well with a Canadian French accent!

We first saw Celine as she was walking below to go under
the stage. Then the music started and here she rose,
center stage, coming up from below! Actually, there was
a multi-screen box in the center. As it rose upward, there
she was singing with all kinds of energy.


We had great seats, but I loved the big screens to help
us to see her better.

She moved all over that stage too. It had colored lights
and a moving sidewalk area too. Celine was full of life
the entire night.

There were two stage ramps that led right out above the
audience. I'm sure that the guys in those areas were
extremely happy!

Here, Celine is facing our seats. You can see the band
in each of the four corners of the stage. They were on
platforms that moved up and down. Sometimes they
were there, sometimes they were below.

This is the other stage ramp going in the opposite direction.

Celine on the big screen again! She sang all of our favorite
songs from the past. She also sang many songs from her
new CD. Every song was terrific!

Celine on the big screen again.

Celine sang for about 90 minutes in all and that was a lot!
Celine changed her outfit probably 5-6 times! It was fun
anticipating what she would have on for the next round
of songs.
There were dancers who accompanied Celine for some of
the songs. They were great too. Sorry for the blurry pic.
It was a great evening of fun with my buddy Betty! We
always have a great time together. I want to thank her
for inviting me to share the concert with her. She received
the tickets for her birthday and shared one of them with
me. Just one terrific example of her beautiful heart.
Thank you Betty a thousand times for an evening that
was terrific, and helped me to deal with my children
heading back overseas. Love you girl!

No comments: