Friday, February 6, 2009

Mamaw, Daisy and The Beautiful Sky!

One January day I was traveling to Trinity, my home with Mom and Dad.
As I traveled during the evening, I realized that God had once again painted
the sky. It was beautiful! The following pictures demonstrate that beauty.

Gorgeous colors!

More of the same sky!

A bit further down the road.
I love this one best! Please know that I was careful and
stopped before taking these shots!
Another afternoon, my son-in-law, Matt, was playing
with my camera and took the shot above from our deck.

For those of you who know us, you realize that this isn't
our cat, Mikala. This is Daisy, and she is a bit older than
Mikala. Both are old cats around the age of 15-16 years
old. Daisy belongs to Mom and Dad...but she loves Dad
best! She will not sit on Mom's nor my lap. But she loves
to jump up into my Dad's lap and lay there awhile. She's
Dad's girl!

She's a sweet, lovable old cat, but she will run when people
who are not around much enter the house. She knows me
well now. At night, when I go back to my bedroom, I can
count on Daisy to be lying on the bed! She used to sleep on
Dad's bed, and still does some. When Mom was dealing
with her broken shoulder, Daisy slept on her bed at night,
as though she was going to comfort Mom! She's a mess!

And here is my beautiful Mom! The kids call her Mamaw.
January was a difficult month for Mom as she was sick
with pneumonia. Her body along with the antibiotics
fought hard against the disease. And Mom won too, although
this has left her very weak and without an appetite. But
she is getting stronger everyday. Praise the Lord! Soon
we hope that she will be strong enough to drive and have
the get-up-and-go that she used to have.

No comments: