Monday, November 24, 2008

Hooray Mamaw!!!

I took Mamaw for an orthopaedic doctor appointment this morning. It had been three weeks since the last visit. Mom's been going for physical therapy for two weeks. She's been very diligent in doing her exercises at home also. She has made great progress in her broken shoulder recovery since she fell eight weeks ago. It was a traumatic event and she thought that she would never heal, stop feeling the pain and return to her normal activities. But she has done very well! I'm so proud of her too. You can see that she feels much better just by looking at the smile on her face! She's regained lots of strength and her normal determination to be busy. Mom is back to knitting her baby caps for the newborns at the hospital. She has done some cooking, especially making desserts. She's washing dishes and making up her bed everyday. This morning the doctor gave her an answer to a question that she's been waiting to ask. He told her that as long as she felt like it would be safe, that she could return to driving her car. So this afternoon, she took herself to her physical therapy session! Also, this afternoon, I moved all of my things back home. I will return often to check on Mom and Dad, to do some cleaning and the laundry. Mom is forbidden to go down the basement steps ever again!!! I love my Mom!

No comments: