Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Turner - One Day Old


I just couldn't help it! I had to return to Raleigh today to see Turner, Kristen and Matt! Kit had to work and couldn't go. I enjoyed going by Matt's house before going to the hospital. We had to get a big blue bow and an "It's a Boy" balloon on the mailbox! Matt was there to shower and take care of Chloe, their dog. I pulled into the driveway and Matt was getting the base for the baby's car seat hooked tightly in the backseat of the car. He succeeded! Then we took some time to play with Chloe before returning to the hospital. I enjoyed the time with my son.

But I also enjoyed the time that Kristen and Matt allowed me to hold Turner. After Pop Pop had his turn, I sat in the rocking chair and enjoyed holding my 3rd grandchild, my 2nd grandson. I am thankful for the moments of blessings when holding this little angel that God has created! I love talking to him and telling him how much Gran loves him! I felt the same way when holding Addi and Maddox when they were infants. All three of our grandchildren are such blessings! Addi is excited about her new cousin. She calls him 'Mr. Turner' and we don't know why! She has already asked to hold him and play with him.

Matt, Kristen, Turner and Pop Pop, Kristen's dear grandfather
Turner is a nursing baby and loves to nurse all the time!
Of course, he cannot do that, so the nurses gave him a
pacifier. That helped with the 'sucking' satisfaction for him.

Matt holding his son. :-) Turner already knows and prefers
the comforting arms of his mother and father! Matt and
Kristen have already accomplished the newborn parenting
skills! It has come naturally for them.

What a sweet boy! He had a busy day today. He had the
right to be cranky if he wanted in that he was circumcised
this morning. He also had one of his immunization shots.
The pediatrician checked him out too. He also did well
with his hearing test. He's a healthy baby boy!

Look at those eyes! Turner is so little, especially when
compared to Matt's big fingers!

Long fingers intertwined. So cute! Comfortable and sleepy!


Asleep at last! Turner loves being in his Dad's arms.
Fingers are together again!

Turner and Dad - "This rubber thing is okay, but it is not my Mom!"
I love how Turner quickly moves his little head side to side to try to latch onto the pacifier!

As I held Turner on Wednesday, I kept looking at his little face. It took me back 30 years ago, when Matt was born. When we compared Matt's baby pictures to Turner, it is amazing! Turner looks so much like his father did! They are going home on Thursday and Chloe will meet Turner for the first time. I know that she will be such a gentle dog, loving Turner just like the rest of us!

No comments: