Thursday, September 18, 2008

God Is Sooooo Good!

As Kit and I are anxiously awaiting our special phone call telling us that Matt is taking Kristen to the hospital...Turner is about to make his appearance! That is at the forefront of our minds, Mamaw and Papaw's minds, Jenny's mind and Adam's mind...

Then today, Jenny and I are chatting via videocall, and Addi shares with me "Mama is having a baby!" Oh, my goodness!!!! I didn't understand her at first, then it hit me what the child said! I cried tears of great joy! How blessed we are!!! Addi and Maddox have brought us great joy. We know that Turner will do the same. And now, we have another little one on the way, due to arrive in May. This little one will be born in Moscow or Istanbul, not here in the States. But you can guarantee that Kit and I will be there! What a great day this has been.

Addi (3 yrs. old) in Antalya, Turkey - Jan. '08
She has grown and changed a lot since then!
Maddox (2 yrs. old) in Antalya, Turkey - Jan. '08
He has grown and changed much more than Addi! He will
soon be 3 yrs. old!

I also had a phone call this morning about a job assignment and I'm very excited about it! After retiring, I knew that I would enjoy helping teachers to be their best. This job assignment will allow me to do that, not here in NC, but in Little Rock, Arkansas. Better yet, my good friend, Betty, will be there also working. This is going to be fun and I look forward to it. I will work 13 days total throughout the next months, two days in late October. Then more days in November, December and February. Coaching teachers at the middle and high school levels, helping them to see how specific learning strategies used with their students, will promote academic success, is my goal. I'm excited!

No comments: