Wednesday, October 8, 2008

You Never Know About Your Tomorrow

On Monday, September 29 Kit called to let me know that my sweet mother had fallen down a couple of basement steps. I rushed from my Bible Study to Trinity. Mom was in great pain and I knew that we had to go to the High Point Regional Hospital ER. We didn't have to wait in ER too long in that Mom's situation was an Urgent Care one. X-rays were taken and we were told that Mom's shoulder bone, the humerus, was broken. I felt terrible for Mom in that she was hurting so badly. They finally gave her some pain medication. But we couldn't go home right away in that her blood pressure was too high. Medicine was given to get it down. Her arm was put into a sling, held tight next to her body. We got home around 1:00 in the morning. I spent the night and I've stayed here since. Mom is the primary caregiver for Dad, who is blind. So now, it is my turn to take care of both of them. Cooking, cleaning and meeting their needs is my task and I'm so happy that I can be here for them. Although, I do not like seeing Mom suffer in pain. We are all striving to stay positive and I'm thankful that both Mom and Dad still have their wonderful sense of humor. We have more doctor visits, CT scans and x-rays, but hopefully, they will be on the mend in the weeks to come.

No comments: